Companies always want to build and enhance relationships with customers. A common marketing channel to reinforce the customer relationship is email marketing, but what’s else? It’s event marketing!
Event marketing is an effective channel to communicate directly with your customers, understand their interests and desires, and at the same time boost your brand awareness and visibility.
The new “normal” is here to stay. Online events can only become more and more popular as it grants people easy access to the events no matter where they are organized. In this article, you can find the 3 best marketing platforms to organize your virtual events successfully.
Eventbrite can meet your three demands: create professional listing, build your community, and make data-driven decisions.
- Create professional listings: Add all the needed information to your events – event creation and ticketing tools, customizable event pages, selling tickets from your own websites, and creating email campaigns.
- Build your community: keep your community engaged with virtual events, attendee marketplace, and community engagement tools.
- Data-driven decisions: you can get a lot of information about your event from Eventbrite analytics, reports and organizer app.
Eventbrite offers you three different packages. You can choose the plan that suits your business best. Those packages are valid at the moment, and they can be changed at any time. Therefore, you should access to Eventbrite website to see the latest news about packages whenever you wish to use its features.
Pros of Eventbrite:
- Creating events is a piece of cake!
- Tracking sales, easy to access to reports and data
- Refund purchases without any difficulty
- Create outstanding landing pages
- Communication with attendees pre and post events
- A great integration with Zoom
Cons of Eventbrite:
- Not too many options for non-profits
Zoom is an excellent platform for online communication. It’s familiar to us nowadays, especially after the coronavirus pandemic where everyone needs to work from home.
Moreover, you can utilize this tool to host your events. There are several packages for you to choose from Zoom.
Pros of Zoom:
- Easy to use
- Recording feature
Cons of Zoom:
- The free version has a limited number of minutes to use, only 40 minutes.
- Not easy to manage a large number of audience in Zoom
- Cannot access the meeting chat after the meeting ends
Another platform that is worth mentioning is Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams has many plans to choose from. The Business Basic and Business Standard plans include some Microsoft office apps and services such as OneDrive, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and so on. More information about office apps and services can be found on the Microsoft website.
Pros of Microsoft Teams
- A free version is available
- Easy to use
- Effortlessly create a group
- Allow access to meeting chat after the meeting ends
- The recording will be automatically displayed in the chat after the meeting ends
Cons of Microsoft Teams
- Lack of notifications
- Challenges regarding permission settings
A well executed event helps your business tell a unique story by demonstrating ideas, speakers and products. This leads into strengthening your position as an expert in your field and your product’s superiority in your market.
Event marketing, if used wisely, can have a big impact on brand awareness and brand image. While almost all companies are present on social media and run ads, event marketing could be a channel that differentiates your business and gives you an edge over your competitors. Unexpected things can happen during an event, especially if it is a live one. We recommend that you should rehearse within your team first to avoid embarrassing moments in front of your audience and potential customers.
Need help with Event planning and production? Bay Area network of marketing professionals are here to help. We are experts in running both online and offline events, big and small.